Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Losing

My mom is losing hair. And losing words. And losing energy. Apparently radiation makes you a loser. (Bad dum, ching! In case you were wondering, that was the drum thing at the end of a punch line. That’s what it sounds like in my head.)

It’s really discouraging to see her losing so much. Especially the speech, which is (probably… hopefully…) a byproduct of losing energy. We can’t have the same level of conversations we had been having. And she gets even more frustrated, since just a few days ago she was able to communicate better. I just miss being able to talk, really talk, with my mom.

And the whole losing fistfuls of hair thing? Kinda gross. I’m just sayin’.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, a lot of loss. She has gained a daughter who's there much more often, making her a very lucky mom!

    Thanks for your blogs!

    ReplyDelete