Sunday, January 1, 2012

Disneyland


I hate the new Disneyland commercial.

Now, don’t get me wrong. I LOVE Disneyland. 


I mean, seriously. That’s a picture of me and my sister acting like six year olds on the bus from our hotel to Disneyland this past July. If those Minnie ears and our ridiculous faces don’t express love of Disneyland, I don’t know what will.

I love the magic, the artistry, the whimsy of Disneyland. I love that I can act like a little kid, ride amazingly rides, feel tall (since buildings are built at a ¾ scale) and feel like I’m living in a whole different world.

But.

But Disneyland was the last big thing my family and I did together before my mom had her stroke.

And now I see this commercial, with all these happy parents and their kids, with the lyrics “this has gotta be the good life,” and I almost scream. Or throw something at the TV/computer (yah, for awhile it was coming up WAY too often on Hulu).

Who knew that happy families in the happiest place on earth could make me so angry?

No comments:

Post a Comment