Monday, January 23, 2012

Love

This past weekend one of my good friends from college got married. I had the privilege of being in her wedding party, and of promising to support her and her husband in good times and bad.

The ceremony was beautiful, and the vows were profound. She chose to take his sorrows and joys as her own, and hers too became his. They chose to seek Jesus together, in everything they do.

In the beauty and the sacredness of the ceremony, I had one prayer for them – that they would have as strong a love for each other as my parents do. My parents have loved and supported each other for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health. They have never wavered in their love for one another, even in really painful times. And though I would never wish those painful times on anyone, I pray that if those painful times come for my friend and her husband, she and he would love like my parents love.

Thank you, friends, for letting me share in your special day. May your life together be filled with joy and laughter, and a deep and faithful love.

No comments:

Post a Comment