Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Busy

This week’s weekly visit to my parent’s house was not very fulfilling. Not because of any specific event, not as a result of any drama. I was just busy.

There was work, and then a quick lunch, and then a meeting, and stopping at the used book store, and then coming home and fighting to get the new router to work so my parent’s internet jives with my computer. Now that I write it down it doesn’t seem like I did that much, really.

But what I didn’t get to do today was just spend time with my mom. And that’s why it felt like a busy, unfulfilling day.

All I really want to do when I go home is spend time with her. I don’t want to run errands, I don’t want to do dishes, I don’t want to work, or really do anything, other than be with her. So everything else, even if it’s actually really good (work was good, my meeting was good, going to the used book store was good, fighting for internet was not so good), turns into something that just feels busy.

So how do I do what needs to be done, and still be present with my mom? (Seriously, I’m asking, because I have no idea.)

No comments:

Post a Comment