Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Awake

My mom is most awake in the afternoons. She wakes up when we give her medicine and stays awake-ish for a few hours. Today she was awake from about 10:30am til 3pm.

But she's awake-ish, not awake. She kinda responds to us, but most of the time she stares off into space and can't answer our questions.

But tonight, a little after 9pm she was awake. I mean awake awake. She was the most lucid she's been in at least a week. She laughed and joked (we even did our favorite "funny looking - pow!" joke, which she hasn't understood for weeks), she was responding in sentences instead of syllables, and she even initiated thoughts. Granted, there was one moment when she told me to change my jeans because they were bothering her, which was a little weird, but she actually used the word "bothering" so I'm going to count it as mostly normal.

Her eyes started to droop a little before 10pm, so it wasn't a long period of lucidity, but it was a sweet one, and it was beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates. How wonderful your mom and dad have you there. Are YOU getting any sleep? Prayers and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for y'all. Thank you for your bravery and honesty with these updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren Michelle told me about your blog when I asked about your Mom. I have known your sister since she first started going to Lauren Michelle's birthday parties and have met your Dad several times. I only met your Mom a couple of times. Your blog is so filled with love and honesty. You are an amazing writer. I have been praying for all of you over the last year plus and continue to do so especially now. Cindy Crawford

    ReplyDelete