Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Gone

My mom died. She passed away in her sleep, sometime between when my dad went to bed at midnight and when he woke up to give her medicine at 2am.

April 17th - a new day to mark. April 17th between 12am and 2am.

(I think it's closer to 2am though - I woke up at 1:57ish with this feeling that something had happened.)

She looked the same as she has for the past few days, except she wasn't breathing anymore.

I love you very much, Mom. And I know this is one more milestone on the long journey to say goodbye.

3 comments:

  1. So sad for the loss of your mom. It has been a long, loving good-bye, and my heart goes out to you. Thank you for the honesty and depth of your posts, and I hope you keep posting for a while. You are a loving daughter, a tribute to your mother.
    Susan is with God, and waits for you.
    Blessings of comfort, peace and friendship.
    Carole Vincent

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of a better way to say it than Carole did; you are a wonderful writer and this was a beautiful tribute to your Mom.
    Praying you, Becca & your Dad will find comfort in each other and also allow yourself the time to grieve.
    Blessings,
    Cindy Crawford

    ReplyDelete