Sunday, April 14, 2013

Eyes closed: addendum

She did open her eyes today. Just for a few seconds.

I went in to tell her a few things, some of those last things I'd already told her but wanted to tell her again, to make sure she knew. And as I was talking to her, she opened her eyes. I'd say something, and she'd open her left eye for a few seconds, and look at me, lovingly. When I stopped talking she'd close her eye again, and she'd open it when I said something important.

She can't move anything else. She can't move her mouth or arms or legs. I don't think she could shake her head if she tried.

But she still knows it's me. She can still hear me and respond to me, even if it's just by lifting an eyelid for a few seconds at a time.

1 comment:

  1. She is so very blessed to have you there.

    ReplyDelete