Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Gilmore Girls

Yes, you heard me right. Gilmore Girls. As in, the television show.

I love Gilmore Girls.

It’s on my all time best television show list, along with Scrubs and the West Wing. Like Scrubs and the West Wing, I can watch Gilmore Girls over and over and over again. It’s a comfort show that I will never grow tired of.

But right now, I don’t know if I’ll be able to watch it. I don’t know if I’ll be able to see Rory interact with her mom Lorelai.

Now, my mother is nothing like Lorelai, and my relationship with my mother is really nothing like Rory and Lorelai’s relationship. But it’s a mother and daughter thing, and I don’t know if I’ll be able to watch it without bawling. Even just the thought of watching it is too much.

I wonder if seeing all mother-daughter relationships is going to be this hard?

1 comment:

  1. When my dad first fell into his coma, my cousins and my aunt and uncle came out to visit. I remember sitting across the table watching my girl cousin talk to her dad about her college workload and stuff that's been going on in her personal life and I bawled (embarassingly so) at the dinner table, in the middle of the restaurant because it felt so unfair.

    I think seeing those relationships that remind us of our own will be hard. I don't really know if it gets any easier either (I avoid anything that deals with father-daughter stuff in fear of having another break down), but I think at the very least, we learn to appreciate what we have or in my case, was able to have with my dad.

    Hang in there. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete