Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Birthday

Next Wednesday I’m turning 25. And it’s going to be a really weird birthday.

Besides the fact that it might be my last birthday with my mom still alive, and the fact that its time for my quarter life crisis, I have to go to an appointment with my mom and my whole family to see the oncologist about her cancer.

A part of me doesn’t mind – I mean, it’s the only day the doctor could do it, it’s a really important appointment, and I would do anything for my mom. But a part of me wants to pretend that I’m three and throw a fit because something so shitty is happening on my special day.

Maybe I’ll just balance it out by having lots of fun surrounding my birthday? Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Lots of ice cream. Gallons' worth, even. An advanced happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete